Mary Casciano, M.D.
Dr. Mary Casciano is a Board-Certified Anesthesiologist who specializes in Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology and Thoracic Anesthesiology. A native of New Jersey, Dr. Casciano earned her bachelor’s degree at Rutgers University and her MD at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) in 2006. She completed her internship and residency training in Anesthesiology at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center in 2010. She joined the faculty of NYP/Weill Cornell Medical College as a Fellow and Instructor. Dr. Casciano has been an Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology at Weill Cornell Medical College since 2013.
Dr. Casciano is devoted to patient care, serving as an Administrative Lead Anesthesiologist at Weill Cornell as well as serving as a member of the teams specializing in Thoracic Anesthesia, Transplant Anesthesia, Bariatric Anesthesia, Advanced Airway Anesthesia, and Obstetric Anesthesia. A committed teacher, she currently serves as Resident Advisor and a Thoracic Anesthesiology Curriculum Co-Coordinator. She has conducted research in the lab of Dr. Hugh Hemmings, she has published peer-reviewed research, and she has delivered numerous presentations.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
Yadeau JT, Casciano M, Liu SS, Edmonds CR, Gordon M, Stanton J, John R, Shaw PM, Wilfred SE, Stanton M. Stroke, regional anesthesia in the sitting position, and hypotension: A review of 4169 ambulatory surgery patients. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2011 Sept-Oct; 36(5): 430-5.
Casciano M. Pulmonary blood flow redistribution and end-tidal carbon dioxide during single lung ventilation in the dog. Presented at: American Society of Anesthesiologist Annual Meeting; 2011 Oct; Chicago, IL.
Casciano M. Challenging case report: proximal tracheal stenosis in morbidly obese patient with difficult airway. Presented at: International Anesthesia Research Society Annual Meeting; 2011 May 21-24; Vancouver, BC.
Casciano M. Management of Anterior Mediastinal Mass. Presented at: Department of Anesthesiology Grand Rounds, Weill Cornell Medical College; 2010 Dec 20; New York, NY.
Casciano M. Controlled Hypotension in Beach Chair Position: No Neurological Catastrophes. 34th Annual Regional Anesthesia Meeting and Workshops, American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine; 2009 Apr 30-May 3; Phoenix, AZ.
Honors and Awards
Top Abstract in ASRA E-News, “Stroke, regional anesthesia in the sitting position, and hypotension: A review of 4169 ambulatory surgery patients,” November 2011.
Hospital for Special Surgery Award for Clinical Excellence in Regional Anesthesia, June 2010.
- Thoracic Anesthesia
Contact and Practices
- B.S., Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey, 2002
- M.D., Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 2006