Mathew C. Varghese, M.B., B.S.
I have been a part of Weill Cornell Dermatology for more than 20 years. During my time here, I have developed long-lasting relationships with my patients. Here at Weill Cornell, our patients are at ease because our wonderful staff places the patients' needs as their first priority. I am confident that I and my fellow colleagues at Weill Cornell will continue to provide outstanding care to help alleviate our patients' concerns.
Recognized as a leader in general dermatology, and Professor of Clinical Dermatology, Dr. Matthew Varghese has exceptional expertise in all aspects of dermatology. From acne, psoriasis and eczema, to skin cancer and cosmetic procedures, Dr. Varghese has developed a diverse practice with loyal following. Particular interests include HIV and skin-related diseases of the immune system as well as various laser procedures. He also has expertise in pediatric dermatology.
Dr. Varghese received both his undergraduate degree and his MD from Kerala University in Kerala, Indian. Aside from English, he also speaks Malayalam.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Fidelis Care
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- * Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- * Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Adult Dermatology
- Skin Lesion
- Skin Cancer
- Laser Surgery
- Skin Manifestation of Aids
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD)
- Laser For Acne Scaring
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Laser For Hair Removal
- Laser For Leg Veins
- Skin Resurfacing
- Laser Surgery For Vascular Lesions
- Skin Tumor
- Laser Hair Removal
- M.B.,B.S., Trivandrum Medical College, Kerala University (India), 1973