Mary Vo, M.D.
Dr. Mary Vo is an Assistant Professor of Neurology and Assistant Attending Neurologist at New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical College. She received her medical degree from SUNY Stony Brook School of Medicine in 2008 after graduating with honors from St. John's University, where she earned her bachelor and doctoral degrees in Pharmacy. She completed internship, neurology residency and neurophysiology fellowship training at New York Presbyterian Hosptial/Weill Cornell Medical Center. Dr. Vo has also completed a postdoctoral research fellowship focused on chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy.
Dr. Vo specializes in the care of patients with peripheral neuropathy, nerve injury, back and neck pain, muscle weakness, radiculopathy, and headache. She also sees patients for general neurological symptoms. She provides specialized services including EMG and other electrodiagnostic testing.
She is actively involved in research in chronic inflammatory demyelinating neuropathy at the Peripheral Neuropathy Center and supervises the general neurology resident clinic at New York Presbyterian Hospital.
She is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and is a member of the American Academy of Neurology and the American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Blue Priority Network
- CIGNA [Medicare]
- CIGNA [HMO]
- CIGNA [EPO]
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Community Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [PPO]
- United Health Care [POS]
- United Health Care [HMO]
- United Health Care [EPO]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
Vo ML, Hanineva, Chin RL, Carey BT, Latov N, Langsdorf JL. Comparison of 2-limb versus 3-limb Electrodiagnostic Studies in the Evaluation of CIDP. Muscle Nerve. 2014 Aug 16. doi: 10.1002/mus.24424.
Vo ML, Hanineva, Chin RL, Carey BT, Latov N, Langsdorf JL.Comparison of 2 and 3 limb testing in CIDP. [Letter to the Editor]. Muscle Nerve. 2014 Oct 7. doi: 10.1002/mus.24479.
Vo ML and Latov N. Unreliability of commercial anti-MAG antibody and ganglioside assays. [Letter to the Editor]. Muscle Nerve. 2014 Sep 11. doi: 10.1002/mus.24456.
Vo M, Patel AM, Chorny V, Sood J, Klein TJ, Chhabra S. Index of Suspicion. Pediatr Rev. 2009 Nov;30(11):447-52.
Vo M & Henchcliffe C (2011). Mitochondrial disorders. In N. Gálvez-Jiménez & P. J. Tuite (Eds.), Uncommon Causes of Movement Disorders (ed. 1, pp. 258-269). Cambridge, MA. Cambridge University Press.
Vo ML & Chin RL (2012). Intercostal Nerve. In M. J. Aminoff & R. B. Daroff (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Neurological Sciences, 2nd edition. Academic Press.
- EMG (Electromyography)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Botulinum Toxin (Botox Injection)
- B.S., St. John's University, 2002
- Pharm.D., St. John's University, 2003
- M.D., State University of New York at Stony Brook, School of Medicine, 2008