Lisa B. Moreno, M.D.
As a specialist in the field in Allergy/Immunology there is a vast array of symptoms and clinical diagnoses that I have encountered. The clinical role in treating the dynamics of allergies, asthma, and immunodeficiency is both challenging and rewarding. Every patient has a unique presentation. In working with my patients, I enjoy working closely with patients and their families to provide the most comprehensive, state-of-the art care.
Dr. Lisa B. Moreno is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and an Assistant Attending Pediatrician at Weill Cornell Medical College in the Division of Pediatric Pulmonary, Allergy & Immunology. She received her medical degree from George Washington University School of Medicine and completed her pediatric residency & served as Chief Resident at Cohen’s Children’s Hospital in New York. Dr. Moreno also completed her fellowship training at Cohen’s Children’s Hospital. Dr. Moreno has also received a Masters of Science in the field of Health Service Research and Epidemiology from the Weill Cornell Medical College.
She is board certified in Pediatrics and Allergy/Immunology. Dr. Moreno’s patient population has served both pediatric and adults. Prior to joining Weill Cornell Medical College, Dr. Moreno served as faculty at Columbia University Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital.
Her clinical interests span the field to include asthma, allergic rhinitis, food allergy, atopic dermatitis, drug allergy, and chronic urticaria.
Dr. Moreno’s research interest and experience has been primarily in pediatric asthma. Most recent research has involved the use of stress intervention techniques in the management of asthma.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan [Medicaid]
- Affinity Health Plan
- CIGNA [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Republic
- Local 1199 [Union]
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Health Care [HMO]
- United Health Care [PPO]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [EPO]
- LB Moreno, B Kaplan. Hypogammaglobulinemia in a patient with recurrent SJS. JACI, Supplement 2005.
- LB Moreno, MA Cavuoto, B Kaplan. Rosai-Dorfman disease: A case report associated with oral papillaomatosis and severe lymphopenia. J of Allergy Clin Immunology, Supplement 2004; 113(2)
LB Moreno,P Ponda, P Logalbo. Case Report of a patient with CVID and Ataxia Telangiectasia. J of Clinical Immunology.
Honors and Awards
- 2010-2012, AHRQ Fellowship in Health Service Research
- 2002, CATCH program(2002): through American Academy of Pediatrics: Funds to utilize media and public health issue.
- 2002-2003, Chief Resident in Pediatrics, Schneider Children’s Hospital-NSUH-LIJ Health System
- National Medical Fellowship in Substance Abuse
- 1996, National Hispanic Scholar
- 1995, Magna Cum Laude, Manhattanville College
- Allergy and Immunology
- Adult Allergy and Immunology
- Pediatric Allergy and Immunology
- Allergy and Immunology
- B.A., Manhattanville College, 1995
- M.D., George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, 1999