John T. Barnard, M.D.
Dr. Barnard practices General Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine at the Weill-Cornell campus of NYPH. His practice includes patients with hypertension,hyperlipidemia, coronary artery disease and its complications, valvular heart conditions, and those who have undergone heart surgery or interventional procedures. He works in close affiliation with all physicians in the Division of Cardiology, including subspecialists in Cardiac Electrophysiology, Heart Failure, Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiac Catheterization, and Non-Invasive Testing. Dr. Barnard has been in the practice of Cardiology since completing his specialty training in 1983. He joined the staff at Weill-Cornell in July, 2007.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
1. Finkelstein RA, Vasil JL, Jones JR, Anderson RA, Barnard T. Clinical cholera caused by enterotoxigenic E. Coli. J Clin Microbiol 1976; 3(3):382-284.
2. Warner NJ, Barnard JT, Leahey EB Jr, Hougen TJ, Bigger JT Jr, Smith TW. Myocardial monovalent cation transport during the quinidine-digoxin interaction in dogs. Circ Res 1984; 54(4):453-60.
3. Warner NJ, Barnard JT, Bigger JT Jr. Tissue digoxin concentrations and digoxin effect during the quinidine-digoxin interaction. J Am Coll Cardiol 1985; 5(3):680-6.
4. Giardina EG, Barnard T, Johnson L, Saroff AL, Bigger JT Jr, Louie M. The antiarrhythmic effect of nortripline in cardiac patients with ventricular premature depolarizations. J Am Coll Cardiol 1986; 7(6):1363-9.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- General Cardiology
- Clinical Cardiology
- Adult Cardiology
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
Contact and Practices
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease
- M.D., University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, 1976