Joy M. Gelbman, M.D.
Dr. Joy Gelbman practices General Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine at the Weill Greenberg Center.
Her practice includes patients with hypertension, hyperlipidemia, coronary artery disease, valvular heart conditions, and those who have undergone heart surgery or interventional procedures. She has a particular interest in women's cardiovascular health.
Dr. Gelbman is board certified in echocardiography and nuclear cardiology. She works in close affiliation with all physicians in the Division of Cardiology, including subspecialists in Cardiac Electrophysiology, Heart Failure, Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiac Catheterization, and Non-Invasive Testing.
Dr. Joy Gelbman received her undergraduate degree from Amherst College. She received her medical degree from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, and completed her Internal Medicine internship and residency and her Cardiolgy fellowship at Weill Cornell Medical Center - New York Presbyterian Hospital.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
Gelbman BG, Gelbman JM. Deconstructing DNR. Journal of Medical Ethics. 2008 Sept;34:640-641
Kaplan JM, Okin PM, Kligfield P. The diagnostic value of heart rate during exercise electrocardiography.
Journal of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation. 2005 May-Jun;25(3):127-34.
Brucculeri M, Kaplan J, Lande L.Reversal of citalopram-induced junctional bradycardia with intravenous sodium bicarbonate.
Pharmacotherapy. 2005 Jan;25(1):119-22.
Boyne MS, Silver DS, Kaplan JM, Saudek CD. Timing of changes in interstitial and venous blood glucose measured with a continuous subcutaneous glucose sensor. Diabetes. 2003 Nov; 52: 2790-2794
Kaplan, J. Manic-depressive illness from 1936 to 1996: diagnostic modalities, social attitudes, and therapeutic options. Pharos Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Med Soc. 1998 Spring;61(2):6-9
Also frequent contributor to Weill Medical College Women's Health Advisor
- General Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiology
- High Blood Pressure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease
- M.D., The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2000