Jeffrey Howard Kern, M.D.
I practice Pediatric Cardiology, caring for children with all types of heart disease. I perform non-invasive testing, including stress tests, tilt table tests, electrocardiograms, and echocardiograms.
Jeffrey Kern is a Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Pediatric Cardiology at the Weill Cornell campus of the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
Dr. Kern performs a variety of non-invasive tests, including exercise stress tests, tilt-table tests, stress electrocardiography, holter monitoring and echocardiography. He sees patients at the Weill Cornell campus as well as at Flushing and Jamaica Hospitals.
Dr. Kern completed his undergraduate degree at Yeshiva University and his medical degree at the Albert Einstein School of Medicine. After completing a residency in General Pediatrics at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York, Dr. Kern completed further training in pediatric cardiology at the Babies and Children's Hospital of Columbia Presbyterian where he completed a fellowship.
In addition to his clinical work, Dr. Kern has published extensively on a variety of topics, including early results and developmental outcomes after surgical repair of hypoplastic left heart syndrome, arrhythmias and their management in the setting of congenital heart disease, and fetal echocardiography and its impact on modern pediatric cardiology.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Mohan UR. Kleinman CS. Kern JH. Fetal echocardiography and its evolving impact 1992 to 2002. American Journal of Cardiology. 96(1):134-6 (2005) Jul 1.
- Kristinsson, G., Flynn, P., Rapaport, S., Snyder, M., Kern, J.H.: "PR-segment Changes in Childhood Pericarditis." Journal of Pediatrics (2002), 140:378.
- Levy, B., Dunn, T.M., Hirschhorn, K., Kern, J.H., Kardon, N.: "Delineation of the dup 5q Phenotype by Molecular Cytogenetic Analysis in Patient with dup 5q/del 5p (Cri du Chat)," American Journal of Medical Genetics (2002), 108:192-197.
- Weinberg, S., Kern, J., Weiss, K., Ross, G.: "Developmental Screening of Children Diagnosed with Congenital Heart Defects," Clinical Pediatrics (2001), 40(9):497-501.
- Levy, J., Hayes, C., Kern, J., Harris, J., Flores, A., Hyams, J., Murray, R., Tolia, V.: "Does Cisapride Influence Cardiac Rhythm: Results of a United States Multicenter, Double-Blind, Placebo Controlled Pediatric Study." Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition (2001), 32:458-463.
- Kern, J.H., Aguilera, F.A., Carlson, D.L., Galantowicz, M.: "Right Ventricular Myoxoma Obstructing the Right Ventricle Outflow Tract." Circulation (2000), 10292):E14-E15.
- Kern, J.H., Rosenbaum, M., Hordof, A.: "Radiofrequency Ablation of Atrioventricular Junction in Patient with Single Ventricle." PACE (2000), 23:273-275.
- Kern, J.H., Hinton, V.J., Nereo, N.E., Hayes, C.J., Gersony, W.M.: "Early Developmental Outcome after the Norwood Procedure for Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome." Pediatrics (1998), 102:1148-1152.
- Kern, J.H., Hayes, C.J., Gersony, W.M., Michler, R.E., Quaeqebeur, J.M.: "Survival and Risk Factor Analysis For the Norwood Procedure for Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome." American Journal of Cardiology (1997), 80(2):170-174.
Honors and Awards
- 1997-2000 Best Teacher Award, Flushing Hospital, Department of Pediatrics
- Pediatric Echocardiography
- Fetal Echocardiography
- Pediatric Holter Monitor
- Congenital Heart Disease, Pediatric
- Stress Testing
- Pediatric Electrophysiology
Contact and Practices
- Pediatric Cardiology
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 1989