Jia Lee, O.D.
First and foremost, I love what I do because the eye is in many ways a window to a person's overall health. I am privileged to be able to examine this unique organ and in turn contribute to the general well being of a patient. I practice optometry through detailed examination, and emphasize on patient education. Timely management of any disease at early stages is crucial determinant in outcome. Therefore, I strongly believe in thorough routine eye examination and preventative care. Medicine is combining scientific knowledge with clinical skills to diagnose, treat, and prevent disease. Good medicine however, requires effective communication through compassion, and understanding in addition to knowledge and skills. A good doctor treats the patient as a whole and as an individual. Therefore, the practice of medicine should always be a team effort that is tailored to each patient's specific medical and psychosocial profile.
I obtained my bachelor's degree in biological science in the University of California, Irvine. 4 years later, I graduated from the New England College of Optometry in Boston, MA with a doctoral degree in optometry. Soon after graduation, I pursed a residency in Miami FL where I gained in depth knowledge and clinical skills in various sub-specialties including glaucoma, retina, cornea, oculoplastic, neuro-ophthalmology, and pediatrics. After a total of 9 years of higher education and training, I accepted a postion in one of the most prestigious medical centers in Boston MA before joining the highly regarded Weill Cornell Ophthalmology department in New York.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- GHI [CBP]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Contact Lens/Glasses Fitting
- B.A., University of California, Irvine, 2000
- O.D., New England College of Optometry, 2004