James H. Kocsis, M.D.
James H. Kocsis, MD is a Professor of Psychiatry at Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Attending Psychiatrist at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital and Director of the Affective Disorders Research Program at the Payne Whitney Psychiatric Clinic, all located in New York, New York. In addition, Dr. Kocsis is a member of the Adjunct Faculty at Rockefeller University.
Dr. Kocsis received his doctorate from Cornell University Medical College and went on to complete an internship in Internal Medicine at North Shore University Hospital and a residency in Psychiatry at the Payne Whitney Clinic, New York-Presbyterian Hospital.
He is a Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology. Dr. Kocsis is also a member of the Psychiatric Research Society and the American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology.
His research interests include Pharmacotherapy and Psychotherapy of Dysthymia and Chronic Depression, as well as Depression in special populations such as substance abusers and patients infected with the Human Immunodeficiency Virus. He is well published, having authored or co-authored numerous journal articles and books including the "Diagnosis and Treatment of Chronic Depression."
To schedule appointments:
Call - (212) 746-5913 [or]
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday and Wednesday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
Tuesday and Thusday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- Kocsis, J.H. and Klein, D.N. "Diagnosis and Treatment of Chronic Depression." Guilford Press. New York, (1995).
- Kocsis, J.H., Friedman, R.A., Markowitz, J.C., Leon, A., Miller, N., Gniwesch, L., and Parides, M. "Maintenance Therapy for Chronic Depression: A Controlled Clinical Trial of Desipramine." Arch. Gen. Psychiatry (In Press).
- Thase, M.E., Fava, M., Halbreich, U., Kocsis, J.H., Koran, L., Davidson, J., Rosenbaum, J., and Harrison, W. "A Placebo-controlled Randomized Clinical Trial Comparing Sertraline and Imipramine for the Treatment of Dysthymia." Arch. Gen. Psychiatry (In Press).
- Adult Psychiatry
- General Psychiatry
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Marital Therapy
- Mood Disorder
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, NY, 1968