Halinder Mangat, M.D.
Dr. Halinder Mangat has been a member of the faculty at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center since 2010. He serves as an Attending Physician in Neurocritical Care and an Assistant Professor of Neurology, Neuroscience and Neurosurgery. Dr. Mangat came to us from the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital where he served as Assistant Professor, Department of Neurology, Division of Neurocritical Care. He completed his Residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock and Residency in Neurology at New York University/Mt. Sinai Medical Center. He also spent 2 years as a research fellow in Neurochemistry at the Kaorlinska Institute, Stockholm. Dr. Mangat subsequently completed his fellowship in Neurocritical Care at Addenbrookes Hospital/Cambridge University, UK. His training includes advanced clinical neurovascular physiology monitoring techniques using invasive devices such as cerebral microdialysis and cerebral oximetry.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
1. Fernandez A, Bond RL, Aziz-Sultan MA, Olvey SE, Mangat HS. Cerebral infarction secondary to vasospasm after perimesencephalic subarachnoid hemorrhage. J Clin Neurosci. (accepted)
2. Mulugeta E, Karlsson E, Mangat HS, Winblad B, Adem A. Loss of muscarinic M4 receptor subtype in hippocampus of Alzheimer's Disease. Brain Research 2003 Jan 17; 960 (1-2): 259-62.
3. Mustafa M, Mustafa A Nyberg F, Mangat H, El-Hassan A, Winblad B, Adem A. Hypophysectomy enhances IL-1b, TNF-a, and IL-10 mRNA expression in the rat brain. Journal of Interferon and Cytokine research 1999; 19(6): 583-7.
4. Mangat HS, Islam A, Heigenskold C, Mustafa A, Winblad B, Adem A. Long-term adrenalectomy decreases NMDA receptors in rat hippocampus. NeuroReport 1998 Jun 22; 9(9): 2011-4.
5. Mangat HS, DeSouza GA, Jacob M. Nebulized magnesium sulphate versus nebulised salbutamol in acute bronchial asthma: a clinical trial. European Respiratory Journal 1998; 12: 341-344.
1. O'Phelan K, Mangat HS, Olvey SE, Bullock MR. Multimodality monitoring in Acute Brain Injury. Handbook of Neurocritical Care. Ed. Anish Bhardwaj, Marek Mirski. Springer 2011.
- Neurointensive Care
- Neuro Critical Care
- Emergency Neurology
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Intracranial Hemorrhage
- Internal Medicine
- M.B.,B.S., St. Johns Medical College of Bangalore University (India), 1996