Grace C. H. Yang, M.D.
Dr. Yang is recognized internationally for her innovations in cytopathology and in New York City for her expertise in immediate diagnosis of image-guided FNA biopsies of superficial and deep organs. She published the largest series of follicular variant of papillary carcinoma and one of the largest series of follicular neoplasm detected by thyroid FNA. She was a member of National Cancer Institute Thyroid FNA State of the Art Conference Online Atlas Committee. Dr. Yang is on the editorial board of Acta Cytologica and Journal of American Society of Cytopathology, and was on the editorial board of Cancer Cytopathology. She has been active in American Society of Cytopathology as diagnostic seminar panelist, as workshop director in "High resolution effusion cytology" in the past, and as workshop director (2007) and Virtual Microscopy Tutorial (2008) in "Thyroid FNA with histologic correlations".
Dr. Yang, formerly a plant pathologist, was born in China and received her B.S. at National Taiwan University in 1964 and M.S. at University of Wisconsin in 1966. After working at medical schools as an electron microscopist for 16 years, she decided to become a pathologist. She obtained a M.S. in Zoology from Rutgers University in 1982 and M.D. from Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in 1987. She completed Pathology Residency at New York University from 1987 to 1991 and did cytopathology fellowship at University of Pennsylvania in 1992. She became a fellow of International Board of Cytopathology in 1997.
Dr. Yang was a junior faculty at Cornell when she co-invented Ultrafast Papanicolaou stain, which was reported in a New York Times article entitled -New technique provides biopsies much faster and more accurately - on 4/27/1995. In 1996, She was recruited to New York University Medical Center, where she rose through the ranks to professor. She returned to Papanicolaou Cytology Laboratory at this institution in November 2006.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
1. Yang GCH. (2013) Thyroid Fine Needle Aspiation. Cambridge University Press, London.
2. Ali SZ & Yang GCH. (2012) Lung and Mediastinum Cytohistology. Papanicolaou Society of Cytopathology Small Sample Book Series. (Series eds: Geisinger KR, Pitman MB). Cambridge University Press, London.
3. Yang GCH & Tao L-C. (2007) Transabdominal Fine-Needle Aspiration Biopsy. 2nd ed: A Color Atlas and Monograph. World Scientific, Singapore.
1. Yang GCH. (2012) Benign lung tumors and tumor-like lesions. Chap 5 In. Lung and Mediastinum Cytohistology. (Editors: Syed Z Ali, Grace CH Yang) Papanicolaou Society of Cytopathology Small Sample Book Series. (Series eds: Geisinger KR, Pitman MB). Cambridge University Press, London.
2. Erozan YS, Yang GCH. (2012) Squamous, large cell and sarcomatoid carcinomas. Chap 6. In Lung and Mediastinum Cytohistology. (Editors: Syed Z Ali, Grace CH Yang) Papanicolaou Society of Cytopathology Small Sample Book Series. (Series eds: Geisinger KR, Pitman MB). Cambridge University Press, London.
3. Zhang J, Yang GCH. (2012) Adenocarcinoma. Chap 7. In. Lung and Mediastinum Cytohistology. (Editors: Syed Z Ali, Grace CH Yang) Papanicolaou Society of Cytopathology Small Sample Book Series. (Series eds: Geisinger KR, Pitman MB). Cambridge University Press, London.
4. Peng HQ, Yang GCH. (2012) Middle and posterior mediastinum. Chap 12. In. Lung and Mediastinum Cytohistology. (Editors: Syed Z Ali, Grace CH Yang) Papanicolaou Society of Cytopathology Small Sample Book Series. (Series eds: Geisinger KR, Pitman MB). Cambridge University Press, London.
5. Auger M, Stelow EB, Yang GCH, Sanchez MA, Asa SL, LiVolsi VA. (2010) Papillary thyroid carcinoma and variants. Chap 8 In The Bethesda System for Reporting Thyroid Cytopathology: Definitions, Criteria, and Explanatory Notes. (Editors: Syed Z Ali, Edmund S Cibas), Springer, New York
6. Yang GCH & Tao L-C. (2008) Liver and pancreas. Chap 28 In: Comprehensive Cytopathology. 3rd. Ed. Expert Consult: Online and Print (Editors: Marluce Bibbo, David Wilbur). Saunders, Philadelphia.
7. Yang GCH. (2007) Fine needle aspiration biopsy. Chapter 8, In: Salivary Gland Diorders. (Editors: Eugen N Meyers, Robert L Ferris R). Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg
1. Yang GCH, Kuhel WI, Scognamiglio T.Amyroid-rich low grade adenocarcinoma of the parotid: Fine needle aspiration cytology with histological correlation. Diagn Cytopathol [Epub 2014 Feb 18]
2. Boonyaarunnate T, Olson MT, Bishop JA, Yang GCH, Ali SZ.. Cribriform-morular variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma: Clinical and cytomorphologic features on fine needle aspiration. Acta Cytol. 2013;57:127-33. [Epub 2013 Feb 28]
3. Yang GCH, Fried K, Yakoushina TV, Schreiner AM. Encapsulated follicular variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma: fine-needle aspiration with ultrasound and histologic correlation of 41 cases. Acta Cytol 2013;57:26-32. [EPub 2012, Dec 6]
4. Yang GCH, Fried K, Scognamiglio T. Cytological features of clear cell thyroid tumors, including a papillary thyroid carcinoma with prominent hobnail features. Diagn Cytopathol 2013;41:757–61.[Epub 2012 Nov 16]
5. Yang GCH, Schreiner AM, Sun W. Can abundant colloid exclude oncocytic (Hurthle cell) carcinoma in thyroid fine needle aspiration? Cytohistologic correlation of 127 oncocytic (Hurthle cell) lesions. Cytopathology 2013; 24(3):185-93. [Epub 2012 June 6]
6. Yang GCH, Fried K, Levine PH. Detection of medullary thyroid microcarcinoma using ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration cytology. Cytopathology 2013; 24(2):92-8. [Epub 2012 March 20]
7. Yang GCH, Scognamiglio T, Kuhel WI. Fine-needle aspiration of mucin-producting thyroid tumors. Acta Cytol 2011;55(6):549-55.
8. Lelli, Jr. GJ, Yang GCH. Large cell carcinoma of the lacrimal gland diagnosed by fine needle aspiration biopsy. Orbit, 2011;30, 291–2.
9 . Schreiner AM, Yang GCH. Adenomatoid nodules are the main cause for the discrepant histology in 234 thyroid fine needle aspirates reported as follicular neoplasm. Diagn Cytopathol 2012:40(5):375-9. [Epub 2010 Nov 2]
10. Schreiner AM, Yang GCH. Hepatocellular carcinoma with striking rosette-like structures on smears. Diagn Cytopathol [Epub 2011 Oct 24]
11. Kato MA, Buitrago D, Moo TA, Keutgen XM, Hoda RS, Ricci JA, Christos PJ, Yang G, Fahey TJ 3rd, Zarnegar R. Predictive value of cytologic atypia in indeterminate thyroid fine-needle aspirate biopsied. Ann Surg Oncol 2011;18:2893-8.
12. Yang GCH, Stern CM, Messina AV. Cystic papillary thyroid carcinoma in fine needle aspiration may represent a subset of the encapsulated variant in WHO classification. Diagn Cytopathol 2010; 38:721-6.
13. Schreiner AM, Fried K, Yang GCH. Interconnecting cytoplasmic processes on fine-needle aspiration smears of carotid body paraganglioma. Diagn Cytopathol 2010;38:507-8.
14. Yang GCH, Besanceney CE, Tam W. Histiocytic sarcoma with interdigitating dendritic cell differentiation: a case report with fine needle aspiration cytology and review of literature. Diagn Cytopathol 2010;38:351–6.
15. Schreiner AM, Yang GCH. Medullary thyroid carcinoma presenting as rectangular cell type on fine needle apiration. A diagnostic dilemma. Diagn Cytopathol 2009;37:213-6.
16. John BK, Dang NC, Hussan SA, Yang GC, Cham MD, Yantiss R, et al. Multifocal granular cell tumor presenting as an esophageal stricture. J Gastrointest Cancer 2008;39(1-4):107-13.[ Epub 2009 Apr .]
17. Bhanote M, Yang GCH. Malignant first branchial cleft cyst presenting as submandibular abscess in fine needle aspiration: Report of three cases and review of literature. Diagn Cytopathol 2008;36:876–81.
18. Yang GCH, Papellas J. Retraction halos: nature's dotting pen in effusion cytology processed by Ultrafast papanicolaou stain. Diagn Cytopathol 2008; 36:613-7.
19. Yang GCH. Ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration of the pancreas. Endoscopic versus percutaneous approach. (Editorial) Acta Cytol 2008; 52:521-2.
20. Cai P, Ramdall R, Levine P, Yang GCH. Fine needle aspiration of metastatic prostatic neuroendocrine carcinomas: cytomorphologic and immunophenotypic features. Diagn Cytopathol 2008;36:545-9.
21. Alasio TM, Sun W, Yang GCH. Giant cell carcinoma of the lung. Impact of diagnosis and review of cytologic features. Diagn Cytopathol 2007; 35:555-9.
22. Kang SH, Perle MA, Nonaka D, Zhu H, Chan W, Yang GCH. Primary Ewing sarcoma of the kidney-Fine needle aspiration, histology, and dual color break apart FISH Assay. Diagn Cytopathol 2007:35:353-7.
23. Ramdall RB, Alasio TM, Cai G, Yang GCH. Primary vascular neoplasms unique to the spleen: littoral cell angioma and splenic hamartoma diagnosis by fine-needle aspiration biopsy. Diagn Cytopathol 2007;35:137-42.
24. Yang GCH, Wang J, Yee HT. Interwoven dendritic processes of follicular dendritic cell sarcoma demonstrated on Ultrafast Papanicolaou stained smears. Act Cytol 2006; 50: 534-8.
25. Yang GCH, Liebeskind D, Messina AV. Diagnostic accuracy of follicular variant of papillary thyroid carcinomas by Ultrafast Papanicolaou stained fine-needle aspirates: Histologic follow-up of 125 cases. Cancer (Cancer Cytopathol) 2006;108:174-9.
26. Yang GCH, Waisman J. Distinguishing adenoid cystic carcinoma from cylindromatous adenomas in salivary fine-needle aspirates: The cytologic clues and ultrastructural basis. Diagn Cytopathol 2006;34:284-8.
27. Gagner J-P, Yim JH, Yang GCH. Fine-needle aspiration cytology of epithelioid angiosarcoma: A diagnostic dilemma. Diagn Cytopathol 2005;33:429-33.
28. Zhu L-C, Sidhu GS, Cassai ND, Yang GCH. Fine-needle aspiration cytology of pancreatoblastoma in a young woman. Report of a case and review of the literature. Diagn Cytopathol 2005;33:258-62.
29. Zamuco RL, Yang GCH. Clue to fine-needle aspiration diagnosis of pleural Pneumocystoma: Neovascularization and Langhans' giant cell reaction. Diagn Cytopathol 2005;33:97-9.
30. Ventura K, Yang GCH, Levine PH. Atypical papillary proliferation in gynecologic patients. A study of 32 pelvic washes. Diagn Cytopathol 2005;32:76-81.
31. Tong GX, Hernandez O, Yee HT, Zheng SH, Yang GCH. Human T-Lymphotropic Virus Type-1 (HTLV-1) related adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma presenting as a parotid mass diagnosed by fine-needle aspiration biopsy. Diagn Cytopathol 2004;31:333-7.
32. Yang GCH, Yang G-Y, Tao L-C. Distinguishing well-differentiated hepatocellular carcinoma from benign liver by the physical features of fine needle aspirates. Modern Pathol 2004;17:789-802.
33. Yang GCH, Yang G-Y, Tao L-C. Cytologic features and histologic correlations of microacinar and microtrabecular types of well-differentiated hepatocellular carcinoma in fine needle aspiration biopsy. Cancer (Cancer Cytopathol) 2004;102;27-33.
34. Yang GCH, Goldstein JD, Ye PX. Risk of malignancy in follicular neoplasms without nuclear atypia. Statistical analysis of 397 thyroidectomies. Endocrine Practice 2003;9;510-6.
35. Yang GCH. Clear nuclei are specific to papillary carcinoma in thyroid fine needle aspirates processed by Ultrafast Papapicolaou stain (letter). Diagn Cytopathol 2003;29:236-7.
36. Yang GCH, Liebeskind D, Messina AV. Should cytopathologists stop reporting follicular neoplasms in fine needle aspiration of the thyroid? Diagnosis and histologic follow-up of 147 cases. Cancer (Cancer Cytopathol ) 2003;99: 69-74.
37. Yang GCH, Yee HT, Waisman J. Metaplastic carcinoma of the breast with rhabdomyosarcomatous element: Aspiration cytology with histological, immunohistochemical and ultrastructural correlations. Diagn Cytopathol 2003;28:153-8.
38. Yang GCH. Long microvilli of mesothelioma are conspicuous in pleural effusions processed by Ultrafast Papanicolaou stain. Cancer (Cancer Cytopathol ) 2003;99:17-22.
39. Levine PH, Waisman J, Yang GCH. Aspiration cytology of cystic carcinoma of the breast. Diagn Cytopathol 2003;28:39-44.
40. Yang GCH, Wan LS, Del Priore G. Factors influencing the detection of uterine cancers by suction curettage and endometrial brushing. J Reprod Med 2002;47: 1005-10.
41. Zu Y, Gangi MD, Yang GCH.Ultrafast Papanicolaou stain and cell-transfer technique enhance cytologic diagnosis of Hodgkin lymphoma.Diagn Cytopathol 2002;27:308-11.
42. Yang GCH, Hwang SJ, Yee HT. Fine needle aspiration cytology of unusual germ cell tumors of the mediastinum: Atypical seminoma and parietal yolk sac tumor. Diagn Cytopathol 2002;27: 69-74.
43. Li P, Wei JJ, West AB, Greco MA, Yang GCH. Epithelioid gastric gastrointestinal stromal tumor: Aspiration cytology and molecular study in a liver metastasis from a 12 year-old girl. Pediatr Dev Pathol 2002; 5:386-94.
44. Yang GCH, LiVolsi VA, Baloch ZW. Thyroid microcarcinoma: Fine-needle aspiration diagnosis and histologic follow-up. Int J Surg Pathol 2002; 10:133-9.
45. Yang GCH, Yee HT, Wu CD, Aye LM, Chachoua A. TIA-1+ cytotoxic large T-cell lymphoma of the mediastinum: A case report. Diagn Cytopathol 2002;26:154-7.
46. Li P, Perle MA, Scholes JV, Yang GCH. Wilms' tumor in adults: Aspiration cytology and cytogenetics. Diagn Cytopathol 2002;26:99-103.
47. Yang GCH, Liebeskind D, Messina AV. Ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration of the thyroid assessed by Ultrafast papanicolaou stain: Data from 1135 biopsies with a two-to-six year Follow-up.Thyroid 2001;11: 581-9.
48. Hummel P, Cangiarella JF, Cohen JM, Yang G, Waisman, J, Chhieng DC. Transthoracic fine needle aspiration biopsy of pulmonary spindle cell and mesenchymal lesions. Cancer (Cancer Cytopathol) 2001;93;187-98.
49. Del Priore G, Williams R; Harbatkin CB, Wan LS, Mittal K, Yang GCH. Endometrial brush biopsy for the diagnosis of endometrial cancer. J Reprod Med 2001;46:439-43.
50. Hummel P, Yang GCH, Kumar A. Cohen JM, Winkler B, Melamed J, Scholes JV, Jagirdar J. PNET-like features of synovial sarcoma of the lung: A pitfall in cytologic diagnosis of soft tissue tumors. Diagn Cytolpathol 2001;24: 283-8.
51. Yang GCH, Papellas J, Wu HC, Waisman J. The application of Ultrafast Papanicolaou stain to body fluid cytology. Acta Cytol 2001;45:180-5.
52. Yang GCH. Fine needle aspiration cytology of Schiller-Duval bodies of yolk sac tumor. Diagn Cytopathol 2000;23:228-32.
53. Yan Z, Yang GCH, Waisman J. A low power "architectural" clue to the follicular variant of papillary thyroid adenocarcinoma in aspiration biopsy. Acta Cytol 2000;44:211-7.
54. Yang GCH, Wan LS. Endometrial biopsy using the Tao brush method: A study of 50 women in a general gynecologist's practice. J Reprod Med 2000; 45:109-14.
55. Yang GCH. Pneumocystis carinii infection presents as common bile duct mass biopsied by fine needle aspiration. Diagn Cytopathol 2000;22:25-6.
56. Chhieng DC, Demaria S, Yee HT, Yang GCH. Multilocular thymic cyst associated with follicular lymphoid hyperplasia in a patient with human immunodeficiency viral infection. Acta Cytol 1999;43:1119-23.
57. Yang GCH, Soslow RA. Epithelial-myoepithelial carcinoma of the parotid: A case of ductal predominant presentation with cytologic, histologic, and electron microscopic correlations. Acta Cytol 1999;43:1113-8.
58. Yang GCH, Yao JL, Feiner HD, Roses DF, Kumar A, Mulder JE. Lipid-rich follicular carcinoma of the thyroid in a patient with McCune-Albright syndrome. Modern Pathol 1999;12: 969-97.
59. Yang GCH, Mesia AF. Fine needle aspiration cytology of malignant fibrothecoma of the ovary. Diagn Cytopathol 1999;21:284-6.
60. Yang GCH, Hoda SA. Combined use of "Scratch and smear" sampling technique and Ultrafast Papanicolaou stain for intraoperative cytology. Acta Cytol 1997;41:1315-8.
61. Yang GCH, Wan LS, Papellas J, Waisman J. Compact cell blocks: Use for body fluids, fine needle aspirations, and endometrial brush biopsies. Acta Cytol 1998;42: 703-6.
62. Yang GCH, Greenebaum E. Clear nuclei of papillary thyroid carcinoma conspicuous in fine needle aspiration and intraoperative smears processed by Ultrafast Papanicolaou stain. Modern Pathol 1997;10:552-5.
63. Einstein AJ, Yang GCH, Silberfarb JB, Gil J. The effect of Ultrafast Papanicolaou staining on nuclear and textural features in breast cancer cytology. Anal Quant Cytol Histol 1997;19:361-7.
64. Yang GCH, Kuhel WI. Uncommon tumors of the salivary glands in fine needle aspiration biopsies: A surgeon's perspective. Acta Cytol 1997;41:1015-22.
65. Soslow RA, Yin P, Steinberg CR, Yang, GCH. Cytopathologic features of hepatic epithelioid hemangioendothelioma. Diagn Cytopathol 1997;17:50-3.
66. Shen PUF, Kuhel WI, Yang GCH, Hoda SA. Intraoperative touch-imprint cytological diagnosis of follicular variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma. (Letter) Diagn Cytopathol 1997;16: 80-3.
67. Yang GCH, Campbell WG. Morphogenesis of inclusion bodies of urothelial carcinoma: A case study. Modern Pathol 1996;9: 566-70.
68. Zheng W, Yang GCH, Godwin TA, Caputo T, Zuna RA. Mucinous endometrial adenocarcinoma with intestinal differentiation. A case report. Human Pathol 1995;26:1385-8.
69. Yang GCH. Mixed small-cell/large-cell carcinoma of the lung: Report of a case with cytologic features and ultrastructural correlation. Acta Cytol 1995;39:1175-81.
70. Yang GCH. Fine needle aspiration cytology of low grade endometrial stromal sarcomas. Acta Cytol 1995;39:701-5.
71. Ngadiman S, Yang GCH. Adenomyomatous polyp, lower uterine segment polyp and endocervical polyp in cervicovaginal smears. Acta Cytol 1995;39:643-7.
72. Yang GCH. Ultrafast Papanicolaou stain is not limited to rapid assessments: Its application in permanent fine-needle aspiration smears. Diagn Cytopathol 1995;13: 160-2.
73. Yang GCH. Ultrafast Papanicolaou stain.: A superior stain for fine needle aspiration cytology applied in conjunction with the rehydration of air-dried smear with normal saline solution technique. Adv Anat Pathol 1995; 2:208-11.
74. Yang GCH, Alvarez II. Ultrafast Papanicolaou stain: An alternative preparation for fine-needle aspiration cytology. Acta Cytol 1995;39:55-60.
75. Yang GCH. The mathematical basis for the increased sensitivity in cancer detection on air-dried cytopreparation. Modern Pathol 1994;7:681-4.
76. Yang GCH. Demonstration of fibrils in hyaline "globules" of a yolk sac tumor with parietal differentiation in fine needle aspiration smears. Diagn Cytopathol 1994;10:216-20.
77. Yang GCH, Schneck MJV, Hayden R, Gupta PK. Merkel cell tumor-like neuroendocrine carcinoma associated with submandibular gland: Cytologic, immunohistochemical, electron microscopic and flow cytometric studies. Acta Cytol 1994;38:742-6.
78. Yang GCH, Scott S, LiVolsi VA, Gupta PK. Rapid assessment of Diff-Quik stained pancreatic aspirate: A retrospective study of 40 intraoperative consultations, with measurement of nuclear size of look-alike small tissue fragments by image analyzer. Acta Cytol 1994;38:37-42.
79. Yang GCH, Brooks JJ, Roberts S, Gupta PK. Detection of acquired immunodeficiency syndrome associated Kaposi's sarcoma cells in pleural effusion by CD 34 immunostain. Cancer 1993; 2:2260-5.
80. Yang GCH, Coleman B, Daly JM, Gupta PK. Presacral myelolipoma: Fine needle aspiration cytology, immunohistochemical, histochemical studies, and review of the literature. Acta Cytol 1992;36:932-6.
81. Zagzag D, Yang GCH, Seidman I, Lusskin R. Malignant epithelioid hemangioendothelioma arising in a intramuscular lipoma. Cancer 1993;71:764-8.
82. Yang GCH, Nieto R, Stachura I, Gallo GR. Ultrastructural immunohistochemical localization of polyclonal IgG, C3, and amyloid P component on the Congo red-negative amyloid-like fibrils of fibrillary glomerulopathy. Am J Pathol 1992;141:409-20.
83. Yang GCH, Demopoulos RJ, Chan W, Mittal K. Superficial nuclear enlargement without koilocytosis as an expression of HPV infection of the uterine cervix. An in situ hybridization study. Int J Gyn Pathol 1992;11:283-7.
84. Yang GCH, Rotterdam H. Mixed (composite) glandular-endocrine cell carcinoma of the stomach. Report of a case and review of literature. Am J Surg Pathol 1991;15: 592-8.
85. Yang GCH, Gallo GR. Protein A-gold immunoelectron microscopic study of amyloid fibrils, granular deposits and fibrillar luminal aggregates in renal amyloidosis. Am J Pathol 1990;137:1223-31.
86. Yang GC, Schinella RA. The histopathology of tuberculosis in the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome: a study of nine cases. Prog AIDS Pathol. 1990;2:103-10.
87. Yang GCH, Birk DE. Topographies of extracytoplasmic compartments in developing chick tendon fibroblasts. J Ultrastruc Molec Struc Res 1986;97: 238-48.
88. Yang GCH, Birk DE. Preparation of cryofractured embryonic chick connective tissue for scanning electron microscopy. J Electr Microscr Technique 1986;3:363-4.
89. Semba K, Masarachia P, Malamed S, Jacquin M, Harris S, Yang G, Egger MD. An electron microscopic study of terminals of rapidly adapting mechanoreceptive afferent fibers in the cat spinal cord. J Comp Neurol 1985;232: 229-40.
90. Semba K, Masarachia P, Malamed S, Jacquin M, Harris S, Yang G, Egger MD. An electron microscopic study of primary afferent terminals from slowly adapting type 1 receptors in the cat. J Comp Neurol 1983;221:466-81.
91. Kuo DC, Yang GCH, Yamasaki DS, Krauthamer GM. A wide-field electron microscopic analysis of the fiber constituents of the major splanchnic nerve in cat. J Comp Neurol 1982;210:49-58.
92. Yang GCH, Morrison AB. Total-field electron microscopic examination of thin tissue slices via "surface embedding" and "multiple-mesa" techniques. Am J Clin Pathol 1980;74: 237-8.
93. Yang GCH, Morrison AB. Three large dissectable rat glomerular models reconstructed from wide-field electron micrographs. Anatomic Record 1980;196: 431-40.
94. Yang GCH and Morrison AB. The applications of wide-field electron microscopy. Microscopica Acta 1977;79: 277-9.
95. Yang GCH, Morrison AB. Wide-field electron microscopy: A rapid method for the study of histopathologic material that provides a bridge between light and electron microscopy. Am J Clin Pathol 1975;64: 648-54.
96 . Yang GCH, Shea SM. The precise measurement of the thickness of ultrathin sections by a 're-sectioned section" technique. J Microscopy 1974 103:385-92.
97. Yang GCH and Morrison AB. Stabilization and clarification of sections mounted on Formvar-coated slot grids by deliberate irradiation in the electron beam. J Microscopy 1974;103:187-94.
Honors and Awards
Guide to America's Top Physicians (Cytopathology). recognized by Consumer Research Council of America. (2003)
America's Leading Experts on Thyroid Gland Cancer (Thyroid Neoplasm), recognized by "Vitals.com" for among the top 15 percent of publishing physicians recognized as thought leaders (2009)
- Fine Needle Aspiration
Contact and Practices
- Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology
- B.S., National Taiwan University (Taiwan), 1964
- M.S., University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1966
- M.S., Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey, 1982
- M.D., Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 1987