Gina M. Constantine, M.D.
I am passionate about the early detection of cancer given my personal and family experiences and I am honored to have the opportunity to help many inspiring patients every day. I am trained and board certified in both radiology and internal medicine. My experiences as a primary care physician help me with the goal of delivering care that is centered on each individual patient and seeing the “face” behind every image. I strive to help patients understand their imaging results, medical terminology and discuss options available.
Gina M. Constantine, M.D. is a board-certified radiologist specializing in Women’s Imaging and Body Imaging. She is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Constantine earned her B.A. from Yale University in Psychology-Behavioral Neuroscience in 2000. She was awarded her M.D. degree from Yale University School of Medicine in 2005.
Dr. Constantine completed a three year Internal Medicine-Primary Care Residency at Yale-New Haven Hospital which was then followed by completion of a second residency in Diagnostic Radiology, also at Yale-New Haven Hospital, from 2008-2012. Prior to joining the Weill Cornell Medical College Department of Radiology faculty in July 2013 she was Fellow in Women’s Imaging and Body Imaging at New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Constantine is double boarded, having achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in July 2012 and Board Certification in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine in October 2008.
Dr. Constantine’s clinical expertise is in Women’s Imaging and Body Imaging. She interprets a variety of studies including mammography (including tomosynthesis in those with dense breast tissue), breast ultrasound, and breast MRI and performs many breast interventional procedures including ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration, ultrasound guided core biopsy, stereotactic breast biopsy, and MRI guided breast biopsy as well as needle and seed localization procedures via ultrasound and mammography. She interprets CT, MRI, radiographs and ultrasound studies of the chest, abdomen and pelvis.
Dr. Constantine’s research interests involve breast cancer surveillance of those with the BRCA1 and BRCA2 gene mutations and imaging findings of the post-mastectomy reconstructed breast. She is also interested in radiation dose reduction.
In addition to clinical and research activities, Dr. Constantine is an active and involved teacher of residents, fellows, and medical students. Dr. Constantine is a member of several prestigious radiological societies listed below:
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- American Medical Association
- Society of Breast Imagin
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- Radiology - Diagnostic
Contact and Practices
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Internal Medicine
- B.A., Yale University, 2000
- M.D., Yale University School of Medicine, 2005