Gail Ellen Solomon, M.D.
Dr. Gail Solomon is Professor of Clinical Neurology in Pediatrics as well as Professor of Clinical Neurology and of Clinical Neurology in Psychiatry. She serves as the Director of Electroencephalography and is also an Attending Neurologist, Pediatrician and Neurologist in Psychiatry at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
She received her medical degree (M.D.) from The Albert Einstein College of Medicine and completed her residency in pediatrics at The Bronx Municipal Hospital Center and The New York Hospital. At Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center, Dr. Solomon has held fellowships in neurology, pediatric neurology, and clinical neurophysiology. She is certified by The American Board of Pediatrics, The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (with special competence in child neurology and clinical neurophysiology), and The American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology.
Her major subspecialty interest is in epilepsy.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Hosain, S., LaVega-Talbott, M., Solomon, G., Green, N.: Apniec Seizures in Infants: Role of Continuous EEG Monitoring. Clinical Electroencephalography, 2003; 34: 197-200.
- Pfeffer, C.R., Solomon, G.E., Kaufman, D.M., Editors, Neurologic Disorders: Developmental and Behavioral Sequelae. Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America, W.B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia, PA Vol 8: No 4, October, 1999.
- Solomon, G.E.: Tourette's Disorders and Atypical Tic Disorders. In: Noshpitz, H.B., Bernporad, J., Kernberg, P. (eds). Basic Handbook of Child Psychiatry, John Wiley & Sons, NY. Vol 2, pp 657-669, 1997.
- Solomon, G.E., Pfeffer, C.R.: Neurobehavioral abnormalities in epilepsy. In: Pediatric Behavioral Neurology. Edited by Yitzhak Frank, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, pp 269-287, 1996.
- Solomon, G.E., Carson, D., Pavlakis, S., Fraser, R., Labar, D.: Intracranial EEG monitoring in Landau-Kleffner syndrome associated with left temporal lobe astrocytoma. Epilepsia, 1993; 34: 557-560.
- Solomon, G.E.: Acute treatment of strokes in children. J.M. Pellock, E.C. Myer. Neurologic Emergencies in Infancy & Childhood, 2nd ed. Butterworth-Heinemann, Stoneham, MA, 1993.
- Kaufman, D., Solomon, G., Pfeffer, C. (eds). Child and Adolescent Neurology for Psychiatrists. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore, MD, 1992.
- Solomon, G.E., Kutt, H., Plum, F.: Clinical Management of Seizures, second edition. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, PA, 1983.
- Solomon, G.E., and Plum, F.: Clinical Management of Seizures: A Guide for the Physician, Philadelphia, PA, W.B. Saunders Co., 1976.
- Sweet, R., Solomon, G.E., Wayne, H., Shapiro, E. and Shapiro, A.K.: Neurologic features of Gilles de la Tourette's syndrome, J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiat., 36:1-9, 1973.
- Solomon, G.E., Hilgartner, M.W., and Kutt, H.: Coagulation defects caused by diphenylhydantoin. Neurol, 22:1165-1171, 1972.
- Solomon, G.E., Hilal, S.K., Gold, A.P., and Carter, S.: Natural history of acute hemiplegia of childhood. Brain 93, Pt 1: 107-120, 1970.
- Solomon, G.E., and Chutorian, A.M.: Opsoclonus and occult neuroblastoma. N. Eng. J. Med., 279:475-577, 1968.
Honors and Awards
Through 2003 AMA Physician's Recognition Award in Continuing Medical Education
2003-1994 The American Academy of Pediatrics PREP Education Award for Continuing Medical Education
- Pediatric Neurology
- Seizure Disorder
Contact and Practices
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Child Neurology
- Neurology With Special Qualifications In Child Neurology
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 1962