Franklin J. Wong, M.D.
Dr. Franklin J. Wong is Director of Nuclear Cardiology at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center. He is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine in the Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Wong is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and is board certified in Nuclear Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine.
Dr. Wong completed his undergraduate studies at Columbia University, obtaining a degree in biochemistry. He pursued his medical education at Cornell University Medical College and earned his Doctor of Medicine degree in 1994.
He completed his residency in Internal Medicine at New York University Medical Center in 1997. Subsequently, he completed fellowship training in Cardiovascular Disease at North Shore University Hospital-Long Island Jewish Medical Center in 2000, where he served as Chief Cardiology Fellow.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
Lin F, Shaw L, Berman D, Callister T, Weinsaft J, Wong F, Szulc M, Tandon V, Okin P, Devereux R, Min J. Multidetector computed tomography coronary artery plaque predictors of stress induced myocardial ischemia by SPECT. Atherosclerosis 2008;197(2):700-9.
Weinsaft J, Gade C, Wong F, Kim H, Min J, Manoushagian S, Okin P, Szulc M. Diagnostic impact of SPECT image display on assessment of obstructive coronary artery disease. Journal of Nuclear Cardiology 2007;14(5):659-68.
Weinsaft J, Wong F, Walden J, Szulc M, Okin P, Kligfield P. Anatomic Distribution of Myocardial Ischemia as a Determinant of Exercise-Induced ST Segment Depression. American Journal of Cardiology 2005;96(10):1356-60.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Nuclear Cardiology
Contact and Practices
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, 1994