Ellen Blye, M.D.
Dr. Ellen Blye is an Affiliate Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College. She is also a hypertension specialist, bone densitometrist, and menopause practitioner, certified by American Society of Hypertension, International Society for Clinical Densitometry, and North American Menopause Society, respectively.
Dr. Blye received her Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics from New York University. She pursued her medical studies at the Universita di Bologna in Italy, but later transferred to New York Medical College to finish her medical degree. She completed her internship in Internal Medicine at The Miriam Hospital and her residency at Lincoln Hospital. Subsequently, she completed her fellowship training in nephrology at St. Luke’s Hospital. Dr. Blye also started her own private practice in 1984.
Dr. Blye is a current member of 4 prestigious medical societies. She is a member of the American College of Physicians in Internal Medicine, the American Society of Hypertension, the North American Menopause Society, and the International Society of Clinical Densitometry.
Outside of work and family, Dr. Blye’s other passion is organic vegetable gardening.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
Contact and Practices
- Internal Medicine
- B.A., New York University, 1970
- M.D., New York Medical College, 1978