Evelyn G. Lipper, M.D.
Dr. Evelyn Gruss Lipper is Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medical College, where she has served on the faculty since 1982. She is trained in parent-infant psychotherapy and specializes in the field of developmental and behavioral pediatrics.
Dr. Lipper received her B.S. at Simmons College and her medical degree (M.D.) at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University. She completed her residency in Pediatrics at Babies Hospital - Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons and Bronx Municipal Hospital.
She has served as Director of the Division of Developmental Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medical College and NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
Sesame Street, Homeland Security Join Forces: New DVD Created To Teach Kids 3-5 How To Prepare For Terror Attacks, Hurricanes, Other Catastrophes
Project on which Dr. Evelyn Lipper and Dr. Mary Jo Ward served as advisors.
- Lipper E, Lee KS, Gartner LM, Grellong B: Determinants of neurobehavioral outcome in low birth weight infants. Pediatrics 67:502-505, 1981.
- Anisfeld E, Lipper E: Early contact, social support, and maternal-infant bonding. Pediatrics 72:79-83, 1983.
- Anisfeld E, Curry MA, Hales DJ, Kennell JH, Klaus HH, Lipper E, O’Connor S, Siegel E, Sosa R: Maternal infant bonding, a joint rebuttal, Pediatrics 72:569-571, 1983.
- Voorhies T, Lipper E, Vannucci R, Auld PAM: Occlusive vascular disease in asphyxiated newborn infants, Journal of Pediatrics 105:92-96.
- Ross G, Lipper EG, Auld PAM: Physical growth and developmental outcome of very low birth-weight & premature infants at 3 years of age, Journal of Pediatrics 107:284-286, 1985.
- Ross G, Lipper EG, Auld PAM: Consistency and change in the development of premature infants less than 1501 grams at birth, Pediatrics, 76:885-891, 1985.
- Ross G, Lipper EG, Auld PAM: Early predictors of preschool neurodevelopmental outcome of very low birth-weight infants. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology, Vol. 28:303-309, 1986.
- Lipper E, Voorhies T, Ross G, Vannucci R, Auld PAM: Early predictors of one year outcome in infants asphyxiated birth. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology 28:303-309.
- Lee, BCP, Lipper E, Nass R, et al: Magnetic resonance imaging of the central nervous system in neonates and young children. American Journal of Neuroradiology 7:605-616, 1986.
- Ross G, Lipper EG, Auld PAM: Hand preference of four-year old children; its relationship to premature birth and neurodevelopmental outcome. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology, 29:615-622, 1987.
- Lipper EG, Ross GS, Heier L, Nass R: Magnetic resonance imaging in children of very low birthweight and suspected brain abnormalities. Journal of Pediatrics 113:1046-1049, 1988.
- Ross G, Lipper EG, Auld PAM: Social competence and behavior problems in premature children at school age. Pediatrics 86:391-397, 1990.
- Ross GS, Lipper EG, Auld PAM: Growth achievement and neurodevelopmental outcome of very low birthweight children at school age. Journal of Pediatrics, 117:307-309, 1990.
- Lipper EG, Ross GS, Auld PAM, Glassman M: Survival and outcome of infants < 800 grams at birth. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 163:146-150, 1990.
- Ross G, Lipper EG, Auld PAM: Educational status and school related abilities of very low birthweight premature children. Pediatrics 88:1125-1134, 1991.
- Ross G, Lipper EG, Auld PAM: Hand preference, prematurity and developmental outcome at school age. Neuropsychologia 30(5):483-494.
- Giampetro PH, Haas BR, Lipper EG et al: Fragile X syndrome in two siblings with major congenital malformations. American Journal of Medical Genetics 63:396-400, 1996.
- Lipper EG, Farr MJ, Marchese C, et al: Partnerships in school care: meeting the needs of New York City’s school children with complex medical conditions. American Journal Public Health 87(2):291-293, 1997.
- Ward, MJ, Lee, S, Lipper, E: Failure-to-thrive is associated with disorganized infant-mother attachment and unresolved maternal attachment. Infant Mental Health Journal 21(6);428-442, 2000.
- Ross, GS, Lipper EG, Abramson D, and Preiser, L: The development of young children with retinoblastoma. Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine 155:80-83, 2001.
- Gutman AH, Ross GS, Lipper EG, Ward MJ: Developmental status of children with failure-to-thrive. Accepted for publication, 2002.
- Ross GS, Lipper EG, Preiser L, Auld PAM: Prediction of mortality and developmental outcome of infants with birth weights less than 650 grams. Submitted for publication, 2002.
- Ward, M.J., Pauliny, J.E., Lipper, E.G., & Bussel, J.B. (in press). Long-term effects of fetal and neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia and its antenatal treatment on the medical and developmental outcomes of affected children. Journal of Perinatology.
- Infant Psychiatry
- Behavioral Pediatrics
- Psychological Assessment
- Psychiatric Diagnostic Evaluation
- Psychiatric Diagnosis
- Pediatric Assessment
- Diagnostic Evaluations
- Diagnostic Dilemmas
- Difficult Diagnosis
- Parent-Infant Therapy
- Developmental Disorder
Contact and Practices
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 1971