Abiola Dele-Michael, M.D.
Dr. Dele-Michael provides inpatient and outpatient care to patients with cardiac disorders, including coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease, hypertension, hyperlipidemia and congestive heart failure. He is a full-time faculty member at the New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical College and a specialist in echocardiography. His clinical and research interests are in cardiomyopathies, valvular heart disease, noninvasive cardiac imaging and cardiovascular outcomes research in population-based samples.
Dr. Dele-Michael was born and raised in Staten Island, N.Y. He received his bachelor's degree with honors from Cornell University. He attended medical school at the University of Rochester in Rochester, NY and graduated with a medical degree and Masters in Public Health.
Dr. Dele-Michael completed his residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Michigan. After completing his residency, Dr. Dele-Michael was an attending physician in Internal Medicine at the University of Michigan and Ann Arbor Veterans Administration Medical Center. He completed his fellowship in Cardiovascular Diseases at New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell, specializing in noninvasive advanced cardiovascular imaging, including cardiac CT, nuclear cardiology and cardiac MRI.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Noninvasive Cardiac Imaging
- Cardiovascular Outcomes Research In Population-Based Samples
- Outcomes Research
- Valvular Heart Disease
- B.S., Cornell University, 2001
- M.P.H., University of Rochester, 2006
- M.D., University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2006