Carol Lorraine Storey-Johnson, M.D.
After having practiced General Internal Medicine for nearly 20 years, I am currently devoting my full time activities to medical student education administration, as Senior Associate Dean (Education) at Weill Cornell Medical College (WCMC). In this capacity I have the opportunity to shape the educational program leading to the MD degree and enhance curricular offerings to ensure that WCMC students will be safe and effective future physicians. My other interests include: enhancing diversity in the medical student, resident, and faculty populations at WCMC; enhancing faculty teaching skills; mentoring junior faculty who are interested in medical education careers; and serving as a role model for populations underrepresented in the profession of medicine.
Dr. Carol Storey-Johnson is the Senior Associate Dean of Education at the Weill Cornell Medical College. She is a graduate of Yale University, where she received her Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry in 1973. In 1977, she obtained her M.D.from Cornell University Medical College (now Weill Cornell Medical College). She is currently an Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine and an Associate Attending Physician at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Storey-Johnson has a special interest in medical education and in the past has served in a number of leadership roles at the medical center. Currently her administrative duties include strategic planning for the education mission at the Weill Cornell Medical College and building the infrastructure to support curricular innovation.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- * AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- * CIGNA
- Emblem Select Care
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- * Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- * Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- * United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
Storey-Johnson, C.L. (with Winters, R.A., Helfott, D., Murray, H.W.). HIV infection and bacteremic meningococceal pneumonia. J Infect. Dis. Vol 183, p1390-91, 1991. Lubetkin, E., Krackov, S., Storey-Johnson, C., The Use of Questionnaires to Assess Achievement of Course Goals in Medical Students' Longitudinal Community-based Clinical Experiences. Acad. Med. Vol. 74, No.12, Dec. 1999.
Honors and Awards
2001 Appreciation of Outstanding Leadership and Accomplishment, Society of General
2000 Excellence in Teaching Award, Weill Medical College of Cornell University
1999 Harvard-Macy Institute Scholar, Education Leadership
1994 The Senior List Teaching Award, Cornell University Medical College.
1992 Elliot Hochstein Teaching Award, Cornell University Medical College
1984-1985 HRSA Faculty Scholar in General Internal Medicine
1977 Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honorary Society
1976 John & Marie Zimmerman Award for Academic Excellence
- Primary Care
- Internal Medicine
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, NY, 1977