Barnett Samuel Meyers, M.D.
Barnett S. Meyers, MD is a Professor of Psychiatry in the Department of Psychiatry and a Professor of Clinical Epidemiology in the Graduate School of Health Sciences of Weill Cornell Medical College. He has received support for his research activities from the National Institute of Mental Health for more than twenty years. His research has emphasized the phenomenology and treatment of severe major depression, particularly major depression with psychotic features. He provides dynamic psychotherapy and psychopharmacology to patients in his clinical practice. Dr. Meyers has added qualifications in Geriatric Psychiatry and directs the Specialized Practice for Older Adults at Payne Whitney Westchester.
To schedule appointments:
Call - (914) 997-5721 [or]
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- Meyers, B.S., Gabriele, M.S., Kakuma, T., Ippolito, L., Alexopolous, G. "Anxiety and Recurrence as Predictors of Recurrence in Geriatric Depression: A Preliminary Report." American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. vol.4 (1996): 252-257.
- Meyers, B.S. "Effectiveness Versus Efficacy of Antidepressants for the Treatment of Late-life Depression." American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. vol.4 (1996): 164-166.
- Meyers, B.S., Bruce, M.L. "The Depression-Dementia Conundrum: Integrating Clinical and Epidemiological Perspectives." Archives General Psychiatry. vol.55(1998): 1082-1083.
- Sirey, J., Meyers, B.S., Bruce, M.L. et al. "Predictors of Antidepressant Prescription and Early Use among Depressed Outpatients." Am. J. Psychiatry. vol.156 (1999): 690-696.
- Meyers, B.S., Alexopoulos, G.S., Kakuma, T. et al. "Decreased Dopamine Beta-Hydroxylase Activity in Unipolar Geriatric Delusional Depression." Biological Psychiatry. vol.45 (1999): 448-452.
- General Psychiatry
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Adult Psychiatry
- Consultation-Liaison Therapy
Contact and Practices
- Psychiatry, Geriatric
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 1966