Aimee M. Parow, M.D.
Dr. Aimee Parow is a neonatolgist at the NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan campus.
She completed her Bachelor of Science in Biology and Psychology, graduating cum laude, at Tufts University. Dr. Parow completed her M.D. at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, continuing on to residency at Saint Joseph’s Hospital, Phoenix, AZ. After completing her residency, Dr. Parow returned to New York to complete a Neonatology Fellowship at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Parow has been an active researcher.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- Meeske KA, Patel SK, Palmer SN, Nelson MB, Parow AM. (2007) Factors associated with health-related quality of life in pediatric cancer survivors. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 49: 298-305.
- Carlezon WA Jr, Mague SD, Parow AM, Stoll AL, Cohen BM, Renshaw PF. (2005) Antidepressant-like effects of uridine and omega-3 fatty acids are potentiated by combined treatment in rats. Biological Psychiatry, 57: 343-50.
- Rohan M, Parow A, Stoll AL, Demopulos C, Friedman S, Dager S, Hennen J, Cohen BM, Renshaw PF. (2004) Low-field magnetic stimulation in bipolar depression using an MRI-based stimulator. American Journal of Psychiatry, 161: 93-8.
- Hirashima F, Parow AM, Stoll AL, Demopulos CM, Damico KE, Rohan ML, Eskesen JG, Zuo CS, Cohen BM, Renshaw PF. (2004) Omega-3 fatty acid treatment and T(2) whole brain relaxation times in bipolar disorder. American Journal of Psychiatry, 161: 1922-4.
- Lyoo IK, Kim MJ, Stoll AL, Demopulos CM, Parow AM, Dager SR, Friedman SD, Dunner DL, Renshaw PF. (2004) Frontal lobe gray matter density decreases in bipolar I disorder. Biological Psychiatry, 55: 648-51.
- Friedman SD, Dager SR, Parow A, Hirashima F, Demopulos C, Stoll AL, Lyoo IK, Dunner DL, Renshaw PF. (2004) Lithium and valproic acid treatment effects on brain chemistry in bipolar disorder. Biological Psychiatry, 56: 340-8.
- Dager SR, Friedman SD, Parow A, Demopulos C, Stoll AL, Lyoo IK, Dunner DL, Renshaw PF. (2004) Brain metabolic alterations in medication-free patients with bipolar disorder. Archives of General Psychiatry, 61: 450-8.
- Ke Y, Streeter C, Lowen S, Nassar LE, Parow AM, Hennen J, Yurgelun-Todd DA, Sarid-Segal O, Awad LA, Rendall M, Gruber SA, Nason A, Mudrick MJ, Blank SR, Ciraulo DA, Renshaw PF. (2003) Increased frontal lobe phosphocreatine levels observed in heavy cocaine users after treatment for cocaine dependence-An 1H MRS T2 relaxometry study. Spectroscopy, 17: 231 Aimee M. Parow, MD 1/2/13 Page 4 of 6 39.
- Lyoo IK, Kong SW, Sung SM Hirashima F, Parow A, Hennen J, Cohen BM, Renshaw PF. (2003) Multinuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy of high-energy phosphate metabolites in human brain following oral supplementation of creatine-monohydrate. Psychiatry Research, 123: 87-100.
- Dorsey CM, Lukas SE, Moore CM, Tartarini WL, Parow AM, Villafuerte RA, Renshaw PF. (2003) Phosphorus31 magnetic resonance spectroscopy after total sleep deprivation in healthy adult men. Sleep, 26: 573-7.
- Silveri MM, Parow AM, Villafuerte RA, Damico KE, Goren J, Stoll AL, Cohen BM, Renshaw PF. (2003) S-adenosyl-L-methionine: effects on brain bioenergetic status and transverse relaxation time in healthy subjects. Biological Psychiatry, 54: 833-9.
- Carlezon WA, Pliakas AM, Parow AM, Detke MJ, Cohen BM, Renshaw PF, (2002) Antidepressant-like effects of cytidine in the forced swim test in rats. Biological Psychiatry, 51: 882-889.
- Renshaw PF, Parow AM, (2001) Psychiatric Disease, in Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Brain and Spine. 3rd Edition Ed. Scott Atlas, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, NY, NY, 1993-2019.
- Renshaw PF, Parow AM, Hirashima F, Ke Y, Moore CM, Frederick BdeB, Fava M, Babb SM, Hennen J, (2001) Multinuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy studies of brain purines in major depression. Am J Psychiatry, 158: 2048-2055.
- Parow, AM, (1999) The role of NMDA receptors in female sexual behavior in hamsters. Tufts University Archives.
Honors and Awards
- 2012, 24th Annual NICHD Young Investigators Conference on Maternal-Fetal-Neonatal-Reproductive Medicine
- 2012, Travel Award for Young Investigator, Pediatric Academic Societies
- 2012, Travel Award, Eastern Society for Pediatric Research
- 2009, Desert Diamond Employee Recognition
- 2007, Travel Award, Assembly on Respiratory Structure and Function (RSF), American Thoracic Society International Conference
- 2003, Research Fellowship, Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles/USC
- High Thesis Honors, Tufts University
- 1999, Research Fellowship, University of Kentucky School of Medicine,
- 1998, Neuroscience Research for Undergraduate Program, Department of
- Anatomy and Neurobiology
- Newborn Medicine