Anna M. Bender, M.D.
As a former resident of the Weill Cornell Dermatology Department, I am honored to join the outstanding dermatology faculty here at Weill Cornell. I specialize in treating dermatological problems in infants, children, and adolescents, and also enjoy caring for adults and older patients. I prioritize making patients feel comfortable and encourage questions during the visit.
Dr. Bender majored in neuroscience and graduated summa cum laude from Amherst College. She attended medical school at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and completed her internship in internal medicine at Saint Vincent's Hospital in New York City. After internship, she completed residency training in dermatology at New York Presbyterian Hospital - Weill Cornell Medical Center. Following her residency training, Dr. Bender completed an additional year of specialized fellowship training in pediatric dermatology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. This advanced training makes her distinctly qualified to care for children with skin conditions.
Dr. Bender practices at the following locations:
Monday (adult): 425 E. 61 St., 4th floor
Tuesday (pediatric): 1305 York Avenue, 9th floor
Wednesday (pediatric): 1305 York Avenue, 9th floor
Friday (pediatric): 2315 Broadway, 3rd floor
To schedule an appointment, please call 646-962-DERM (3376).
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [HMO]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire [PPO]
- United Empire [HMO]
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- Pediatric Dermatology
Contact and Practices
- B.A., Amherst College, 2001
- M.D., Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 2007