Alexander Aledo, M.D.
Named one of New York Magazine's Best Doctors, 2014
Dr. Alexander Aledo is Director of Pediatric Oncology Program at the Komansky Center for Children's Health and serves as the institutional PI for COG (Children's Oncology Group) research trials.
Dr Aledo is an Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Associate Attending Pediatrician at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. He is board certified in Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
Dr Aledo is a graduate of NYU School of Medicine. He completed his residency in Pediatrics at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. After residency, he did his fellowship and served as Chief Fellow at the joint Pediatric Hematology-Oncology program of the New York Hospital-Cornell University Medical College and the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
Dr Aledo is a member of the Weill-Cornell Medical Center's IRB.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
Schultz KR, Devidas M , Bowman W , Aledo A , Slayton W, et al. Philadelphia chromosome-negative very high-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia in children and adolescents: results from Children/'s Oncology Group Study AALL0031. Leukemia 28:964-967, 2014
Schultz KR, Carroll A, Heerema NA, Bowman WP, Aledo A, et al. Long-term follow-up of imatinib in pediatric Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia: Children's Oncology Group Study AALL0031. Leukemia 2014, 28:1467-71. doi: 10.1038/leu.2014.30
Aledo A. Oncologic Emergencies in Children and Adolescents. In: Stockwell J, Preissig C, eds. Comprehensive Critical Care: Pediatric. 1st ed. Publisher: Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM). 2012:871-877. [Book Chapter]
Schultz KR, Bowman WP, Aledo A et al. Improved Early Event Free Survival with Imatinib in Philadelphia Chromosome-Positive Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: A Children's Oncology Group Study. J Clin Oncol, 2009; 27:5175.
Alonzo, T.A., Kobrinsky, N.L., Aledo, A., Lange, B.J., Buxton, A.B., Woods, W.G.: Impact of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor use during induction for acute myelogenous leukemia in children: a report from the Children's Cancer Group. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol, 2002; 24:627-35
- Slomovitz, B.M., Girotra, M., Aledo, A., Saqi, A., Soslow, R.A., Spigland, N.A., Caputo, T.A.: Desmoplastic small round cell tumor with primary ovarian involvement: case report and review. Gynecol Oncol, 2000; 79:124-8.
- Dunkel, I.J., Aledo, A., Kernan, N.A., Kushner, B., Bayer, L., Gollamudi, S.V., Finlay, J.L., Abramson, D.H. Successful treatment of metastatic retinoblastoma. Cancer, 2000; 89:2117-21.
- Aledo, A., Heller, G., Ren, L., Gardner, S., Dunkel, I., McKay, S.W., Flombaum, C., Brown, A.E.: Septicemia and septic shock in immunocompromised patients: 140 consecutive cases on a pediatric hematology oncology service. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol, 1998; 20:215-221.
- Aledo, A., Gardner, S., Dunkel, I., McKay, S.W., Brown, A.E., Meyers, P.A.: Incidence and outcome of septic shock in pediatric oncology patients. Support Care Cancer, 1996; 4:226,(Abstr 1.)
- Thompson, S.J., Aledo, A., Finlay, J., Walker, R.W.: High-dose cyclophosphamide in recurrent childhood brain tumors. Proc ASCO, 1993; 12:180, (Abstr 517).
Honors and Awards
America's Top Doctors
Top Doctors: New York Metro Area
America's Top Doctors for Cancer
2002 The Creative Spirit Award of The Creative Center - Arts for People with Cancer
1998 Children's Blood Foundation Award
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Bone Tumor
- Pediatric Lymphomas
- Pediatric Leukemia
Contact and Practices
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 1984