Ajay Gupta, M.D.
Ajay Gupta, M.D. is a board-certified radiologist specializing in neuroradiology. His is an Assistant Professor of Radiology and Neuroscience at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
Dr. Gupta earned his B.A. in 2001 from the University of Texas at Austin, graduating with Highest Honors. He was awarded his M.D. degree from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland in 2005 and was inducted to the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) medical honor society upon graduation.
Dr. Gupta did his internship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NY, NY before completing a Diagnostic Radiology residency (2006-2010) at NewYork-Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medical Center. He remained at Weill Cornell for a year (2010-2011) of Fellowship training in Neuroradiology at NewYork-Presbyterian and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and was recruited to join the radiology faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College in July 2011.
Dr. Gupta achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 2010. He earned his Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ)in the subspeciality of Neuroradiology in 2013.
Dr. Gupta's clinical expertise is in Neuroradiology. He interprets a variety of studies including radiographs, CT, and MRI involving the brain, spine, and the head & neck and performs neuro-interventional procedures such as x-ray guided lumbar punctures and myelography. He is also actively involved in teaching medical students, residents, and fellows.
Dr. Gupta's research interests are focused on the imaging of stroke and cerebrovascular disease. Dr. Gupta research has been supported by several grants including the 2011 Foundation of the American Society of Neuroradiology's Comparative Effectiveness Research Award and the 2012 Association of University Radiology GE Radiology Research Academic Fellowship (GERRAF) Award.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
Contact and Practices
- Diagnostic Radiology
- B.A., University of Texas, 2001
- M.D., The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2005